Trust Board Meeting, 28th February 2011Print This Post

Venue: Private house, Kirkcaldy

Present: James Proctor (JP), Steven Lawther (SL), John Mainland (JM), Alan Russell (AR),
Blair White (BW), Tom Phillips (TP), Graeme Condie (GC) & Tam Cunningham (TC).
Apologies: None.

Minutes of the Meeting on 31 January 2011

The minutes were agreed.

Matters Arising

Action Point TP: RRFC board & fans groups require a concordat to develop a shared vision.
TP proposed that the Trust leads this initiative and we formalise an agreement with all parties.
AR contacted all the fans groups involved and to date received no response – Completed.

Action Point ALL: Email ideas to SL. SL to draft an outline for next Forum Meeting (Early March) –
Completed.

Treasurers Report

GC provided an update of the finances and total funds available. GC also reported that he is to develop a Five year business plan which was discussed.

Action Point – GC to produce a five year business plan by April 2011.

Membership Update

BW reported the membership stands at 235, which is a reduction of ten from 2010. BW suggested we produce a Trust Newsletter for June/July with a membership news update.

Action Point AR – To speak to Bob Mullen in the RRFC office regarding the reinstatement of the sign up tear off section on the sponsored match day Team Sheet.

Raith Trust Communication Update

SL reported the new Trust pitch side track advert
was now in place. SL recommended that the Trust Newsletter will be emailed to fans.
Action Point SL: to send the Newsletter pdf to BW to send out to members.

The Concordat for Raith Rovers FC: SL produced the Concordat which was discussed at length, the board agreed it was very good and thanked SL for the work involved. However, AR reported the response from the other fans groups was very poor and would bring it up again at the Fans Forum meeting on the 3 March, AR & JM attending.

Action Point JM: To provide Fans Director Dave Wann with a copy of the Concordat for the forthcoming Fans Forum meeting.

New Fans Director Update

Action Point AR: To invite Dave Wann to the March meeting.

SPL Proposals

Supporters Direct Scotland Meeting and Campaign Resources Questionnaire. This was discussed at length. RRFC Chairman Dave Sommerville reported there had been no firm proposals from the SPL clubs and therefore SFL clubs have not reacted so far.

Nominations to the Supporters Direct council

With the deadline in two weeks the ten nominees were read out and we are required to select five.
Action Point AR – to circulate the candidates’ manifestos by Friday, 3 march 2011.

Ronnie Coyle Benefit match

This was discussed at length, with the following outcomes:
Producing a limited range of Ronnie Coyle tee-shirts – Sizes 40 Large and 10 Medium. SL would kindly provide payment (?).
JM reported the evening meal would be for 180 places, of tables of ten, with 30 places set aside for the players and coaches. The Trust would donate £300 towards the benefit fund.
Action Point AR – to run the Trust table, names to be with AR by Friday 3 March.
Action Point AR – to order the Ronnie Coyle tee-shirts.

Legacy Giving

Action Point JM – to investigate the legalities of legacy giving.

AOCB

JM reported that he requires assistance on match days at the Trust table, to enable the match day team sheets are delivered from the office to the table as required. Solution: any board member to ask at the office for the sheets.

TP due to his various commitments has tendered his resignation as a Trust board member. The board members thanked Tom for his ten years loyal service and great input.

Leave a Reply