Trust Board Meeting, 28th September 2013Print This Post

Venue: The Boathouse, Aberdour
Present: Tam Cunningham (TC), James Proctor (JP), Niall Russell (NR), Steven Lawther (SL), Graeme Condie (GC) & Alan Russell (AR).
Apologies: Steve Wallace (SW)

Minutes of previous meeting
It was agreed that they were a record of the previous board meeting on 10 August 2013.
Action: AR to publish to website

Matters Arising
Alzheimer’s Project (AR) – volunteers identified and waiting for Disclosure forms. A trial event will be held in October.
RRFC Open Day (SL/GC) – Event was a success and worth participating in.
Action: AR to follow up on Alzheimer’s Project

Treasurers Report
GC gave an overview of the current bank balances.
2012/13 Accounts – waiting to be signed off by Independent Examiner.
Action: GC to provide accounts to November Board Meeting

Membership Update
Membership currently stands at 196 with 39 previous members still to renew. Intend to target lapsed members specifically in midseason (Jan/Feb) to see if they will renew.

Raith Trust Communication Update
Newsletter given out a Dundee match and at Open Day. Next Newsletter around the Christmas and New Year fixtures.
Good coverage of the Triathlon fundraising.
Concourse notice board needs the lock replaced.
Actions:
SL to draft December newsletter
AR to check lock on noticeboard

Governance
Rules and Documents – An update of the rules to bring them into line with recent legal updates will take place in time for the 2014 AGM. An initial outline of the changes will be presented to the 2013 AGM.
RRFC Board Election – Consultation will take place in 2014 with a view to having an agreed procedure for the next election.
Board Membership – Female members of the trust will be contacted to get their views on current board representation.
Actions:
JP to discuss adopting New Model Rules with Supporters Direct by the AGM in 2014.
JP to contact female trust members.
AR to make Raith Forum aware of consultation on Supporter-appointed Director.

Policy Papers Update
Legacy proposal should be taken forward and implemented.
Consider what the Trust can do to encourage increased attendances.
Action:
AR & TC to speak to Kev Barretto about legacy giving.
JP to speak to Allan Traynor in regard to ideas in his board nomination paper.

Events
The successful quiz night raised over £500
Next event to look at is a Burns Night in January.
Action: SW to set date for Burns Night and find speaker.

Raith Forum
Forum groups have agreed that funds to RRFC will be contributed through the Trust.
Supporters Club shop – funds have been paid over.

Date of next meeting
As per the Board Meeting Calendar the next meeting will be a teleconference on an evening to be agreed towards the end of October. The subject will be Finance.
The next board meeting will take place at in November, prior to a home match, in The Boathouse, Aberdour unless otherwise advised.

Leave a Reply