Trust Board Meeting, 17th September 2019Print This Post

Venue: The Boathouse, Aberdour

Present: Graeme Condie (GC), Colin Flinn, (CF), Steven Lawther (SL), James Proctor (JP), Alan Russell (AR) & Andy Simpson (AS)

Apologies:  Steve Wallace (SW), Graeme Baxter (GB)

Minutes of previous meeting

It was agreed that they were a record of the previous board meeting on 6 August 2019.

Matters Arising

Survey – SL to contact Andy Mill to offer to run a Fans’ Survey for the club.

Action:

  • AR (or other) to inform other supporters’ groups at the next Raith Forum meeting.

Treasurers Report

GC provided an update on the Trust’s current financial position.

2018/19 Accounts – These are in draft form, ready to be examined.

AGM – Likely to be held in January, subject to approval of the accounts.

Loan Notes – due to the changes in RRFC ownership the value of Raith Trust’s shareholding is now zero and therefore Loan Notes were written down to zero to reflect this. Loan Note holders will be contacted to inform them of this.

Actions:

  • AR to check with Supporters Direct Scotland in regard to an examiner for the accounts.
  • GC to check with Pars Trust to see if someone is available to examine the accounts
  • GC to check previous database for Loan Note holders contact details.
  • AR, JP & GC to write to Loan Note holders.

Note: In December 2013 the Trust Board agreed to maintain a balance of £10,000.

Membership Update

Membership currently stands at around 150.

CF agreed to take on the membership role.

Agreed to consider strategy and membership at next board meetings with the aim of having a clear offer for 2020.

Action:

  • GB & AR at arrange handover of membership information to CF.

Communication Update

SL agreed to collate some information about the trusts achievements and to consider a newsletter in the next couple of months

Action:

  • SL to collate information.

Events

Burns’ Supper – It was agreed not to hold a Burns’ Supper this year and to review it for 2021.

Quiz Night – All to help with question rounds and getting teams to enter.

Beer Festival – need to get labels designed.

Actions:

  • ALL – prizes and anyone who can do a question round to speak to SW.
  • CF to speak to a designer in regard to labels.

Forum

No forum meeting since the last board meeting

Action:

  • AR to have a discussion at the next Forum meeting in regard to the timing of financial contributions to the club.

AOCB

Bill Powrie donation – The contribution to youth tickets was recognised in the press and media.

Actions:

  • GC to get numbers to confirm take-up of youth season tickets.
  • ALL – discussion on strategy and membership to be carried forward to next meeting.

Date of next meeting

Next two meetings to be pre-match on Saturday then revert to Tuesday for the two following that to allow everyone to attend.

12 or 26 October dates to be circulated to see which is best.

Leave a Reply