Trust Board Meeting, 24th September 2007Print This Post

Venue: Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy
Present: Alan Russell (AR), Blair White (BW), Graeme Condie (GC), George Howie (GH), John Mainland (JM), James Proctor (JP) and Tam Cunningham (TC)
Apologies: Mike Melville (MM) and Tom Phillips (TP)

Chairman welcomed everyone and opened the meeting.



Minutes of previous meeting
Were agreed as a true record of the Trust Board Meeting of 27 August 2007.



Treasurers Report
GC produced accounts for the last financial year and he will provide a summary version for the forthcoming 2006/07 AGM. GC also produced an up-to-date list of the major shareholders in the three RRFC companies, and an up-to-date financial statement.



Membership Update
JP reported there was no change to the current membership of 420 adults, 49 juniors and 3 corporate members.



Matters Arising
AR contacted the club regarding the use of Fair Trade products and mentioned we backed the campaign and we hoped the club would adopt the Fair Trade ethos – action complete.


AR produced articles on Show Racism the Red Card on the clubs & Trusts websites and to date there has been no response or comments made. Action Point: JP to enquire if the Twilight League will support and do something in conjunction with the campaign.


AR produced email accounts & addresses for the board members – action complete.
Regarding the Jim McMillan Club and the Fans forum – no further forward. Action Point: AR to raise this at this week’s Forum meeting.


Regarding the RRFC International Supporters Club – no further forward. Action Point: AR to reiterate our concerns to the club who will take action at their discretion.


Action Point: GC to set up a Paypal account which will create an additional way for fans to contribute towards the Forum’s £30K target.



AGM – 4th October 2007
The meeting will be held in the Raith Suite in Starks Park at 7pm.
JP has produced notice letters for members and they are in the process of being sent out.
Discussed the format of the meeting and the first hour will be on the Trust matters as per agenda and the meeting will be opened to non-members at 8pm, with Alex Condie and Dave Somerville in attendance to answer questions.



RRFC Open Day – 7th October 2007
Open Day is confirmed for Sunday 7th October, 10am – 2pm. GC, AR & BW will attend and run two activities (Beat the Goalie and Keepie Uppie).



AOCB
GC received correspondence from Supporters Direct regarding the availability of grants for Trusts. Action has to be completed before 30 November. Action Point: AR & GC to discuss the Trust requirements and liaise with Supporters Direct to ensure an application is submitted in time if appropriate.


GC received correspondence from the club regarding the Trusts sponsorship arrangements with the club, cheques co-signed by GC & AR.


AR received correspondence regarding Public Liability Insurance, this was discussed and it was thought it was a very good idea to hold this. Action Point: AR to request further info.


JM highlighted the fact that the Trust needs to man the Trust table and improve its presence with the fans in the southstand concourse on match days. A rota will be set up to man the table on match days. Also discussed how to freshen up the site with quality watertight information boards, paintwork for the walls, etc. Action Point: BW to take the various suggestions made by the board forward and bring a costed proposal back to the next meeting.



With no other business to attend to, the meeting closed at 21:00.



Date of next meeting
The next meeting is provisionally scheduled for Monday 29th October 2007. The meeting will be held in the Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy unless otherwise advised.

Leave a Reply