Trust Board Meeting, 26th November 2007Print This Post

Venue: Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy
Present: Alan Russell (AR), Blair White (BW), John Mainland (JM), James Proctor (JP) and Tam Cunningham (TC)
Apologies: Graeme Condie (GC), George Howie (GW) and Tom Philips (TP)

Chairman welcomed everyone and opened the meeting.


Minutes of previous meeting
Were agreed as a true a record of the Trust Board Meeting of 29 October 2007.


Treasurers Report
As GC was not present no financial report was available.
AR was able to sort out the problems with the Paypal account and has worked to increase the amount of affinity connections on the Trust website.


Membership Update
JP reported the members were sent the first Newsletter along with the membership form, volunteering opportunities list and the secretary’s letter. The membership database has been updated and John Urquhart is to be made an honorary life member of the Trust.


Matters Arising
JP contacted TP and the Community Group regarding the Twilight Leagues progress and the Trust’s responsibilities – the scheme is likely to resume in better weather, and is meeting it’s intended purpose. The Trust will be invoiced for the grant funding once the Council are ready. Action complete.

AR wrote to Graeme Mitchell of the Jim McMillan Club regarding their position with the Fans Forum and they indicated they are still committed to the Fans Forum. Action complete.

JM contacted the office regarding the RRFC Team Sheet handout, the second Trust message was adopted. Action complete.

AR, regarding the request from RRFC to contribute towards the loan players salary, contacted all the Fans Forum group members and all agreed to make a new contribution rather than using the seed capital that exists for fundraising events. Action complete.

TC sent the board members a sample of the Tentsmuir NNR Reserve Newsletter as a suggested format for the Trust’s first newsletter. Action complete. Thanks to GC and board members for producing the newsletter.

BW contacted the Maintenance Group (with JMs father’s assessment of the problematic frontage of Starks Park) and they are to produce a work plan and proposals for the site. Action Point: BW to contact Phil Nicholson regarding the area within South Stand concourse.

Fans Forum Meeting 22 November 2007 – no feedback as yet.

Post AGM issues: Vacant Post – no response from members.

Members Evening – the Trust Newsletter will hopefully generate discussion interest. Possible members evening some time in January and/or March and JP proposed a drop in discussion session in the Novar Bar before the next home game against Brechin City, December 8.

Trust Website – AR to introduce discussion topics in line with the programme of members’ meetings.


Action Point – AR to write a letter of thanks to the fans who donated money recently.

Action Point – AR to complete the forms and send fee to renew the Supporters Direct membership.

JP reported correspondence received from WJM (lawyers) – discussed the request for a letter of engagement to New Raith Rovers and RRFC and for other correspondence to be passed on – agreed.

JP received correspondence from the Variety Club of Scotland regarding fund raising events – noted.

Action Point: AR to contact John Drysdale regarding the link between the clubs website and the Trusts to purchase from the on line store.

With no other business to attend to, the meeting closed at 20:50.


Date of next meeting
The next meeting is provisionally scheduled for Monday, 28 January 2008. The meeting will be held in the Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy unless otherwise advised.

Leave a Reply