Trust Board Meeting, 28th January 2008Print This Post

Venue: Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy
Present: Alan Russell (AR), James Proctor (JP) and John Mainland
Apologies: Blair White (BW), Graeme Condie (GC), George Howie (GW), Tam Cunningham (TC) and Tom Philips (TP)

Chairman welcomed everyone and opened the meeting.


Minutes of previous meeting

Were agreed as a true a record of the Trust Board Meeting of 26 November 2007.


Treasurers Report

GC was absent no financial details were presented.


Membership Update

JP reported the first batch of renewals had been received and that membership currently stood at 197, being 150 Adult and 47 Junior. This included four new adult and four new junior members. Clearly a second renewal letter is required in order to retain as many members as possible. This will be organised along with a second newsletter over the next fortnight. There will be a final handover of the database and membership secretary role prior to the next board meeting.
Action Point: JP to arrange renewal letter and hand over database to BW.


Matters Arising

BW report on South Stand discussions with Phil Nicholson: BW absent so no report.

Members Session Report – Ownership: Reasonable idea which has lead to writing a full report for the website and next newsletter.

Trust Vacancy – Communications – use database contacts to find someone.

Website – New Topic – Pricing – Use Survey, Get Club Info before committing ourselves.

Newsletter – Ownership report, Affinity success/thanks, Renewals, AGM, Comms Vacancy.

Teamsheet – Change message – JM to do

SD Membership – Ongoing

JD e-commerce link – done


Correspondence Received

Letter from member suggesting a players fund should be started prior to the two transfer windows in order to raise funds to strengthen the team.

Action Point: JP to contact member thanking them for the suggestion and noting that it will be considered in a wider review of fundraising.


RRFC 125th Anniversary Celebrations

AR attended meeting. A few things would be done and they would be done well. Not replacing existing events.

Next meeting end of Feb.

AR to contact GC in regard to printing prices.



Supporters Direct Training Day on Sunday – 10 to 4pm, Glasgow

Next AGM – April – Check accounts with GC and rule changes.

With no other business to attend to, the meeting closed at 20:35.


Date of next meeting

The next meeting is provisionally scheduled for Monday, 25 February 2008.

The meeting will be held in the Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy unless otherwise advised.

Leave a Reply