Trust Board Meeting, 31st March 2008Print This Post

Venue: Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy

Present: Alan Russell (AR), Blair White (BW), James Proctor (JP), Tam Cunningham (TC)

Apologies: Graeme Condie (GC), George Howie (GH), John Mainland (JM), Tom Philips (TP)

The Chairman welcomed everyone and opened the meeting.

Minutes of previous meeting

Were agreed as a true a record of the Trust Board Meeting of 25 February 2008.

Treasurers Report

There was no report from Graham Condie although he had reported that a change in the audit system would have to be approved at the AGM.

Membership Update

JP reported the membership numbers were the same as last month. Membership currently stood at 198, being 151 Adult and 47 Junior.

Action Point from last meeting: The second renewal letter and a letter of thanks which will be sent to those members, who had renewed were prepared and ready to be posted out – Completed.

Matters Arising

Action Point, BW report on South Stand painting project & discussions with Phil Nicholson: BW spoke with PN who said go ahead with the painting. BW to sort out the logistics and arrange a team to carry out the work – Completed.

Action Point AR, Trust Vacancy – Communications Officer – discussed that if there were no members volunteering it might be possible to source a student to fill this position – Ongoing.

Action Point AR, Website – New Topic – Pricing – Use Survey, Get Club Info before committing ourselves. Suggested the topic be launched at the forthcoming AGM and it will be an item on the Agenda – Ongoing.

Newsletter – Ownership report, Affinity success/thanks, Renewals, AGM, and Comms Vacancy – to be produced ASAP – Ongoing.

Action Point JP, Supporters Direct Membership was completed and was received at SD – Completed.

Action Point AR, John McGlynn’s request for the fans group to purchase camera equipment and software for the club – no progress made AR to contact the Fans groups again – Ongoing.

Correspondence Received

None received.

AGM

With no finalised accounts received back from the Trusts accountants the AGM date has been provisionally set for 12 June 2008. GC will be able to confirm this after meeting the accountant.

Action Point JP to draft a resolution to change the Trust constitution and the number of board members required is to be reduced.

Action Point: JP To draft a resolution to allow the independent examination of the Trusts work – Ongoing.

RRFC 125th Anniversary Celebrations

No further information to report, date of next meeting 11 April 2008. (Note – Now the 16 April 2008)

Election of Fan’s Representative

AR reported that although Alex Condie was enjoying the job and had built up a very good working relationship with everyone connected with the club, Alex believed a new representative would bring a fresh outlook to the role. Alex may be willing to stand again, especially if there were no other candidates. AR asked the other fans groups about progress on this but had received no responses.

Action Point AR – to contact the fans groups once more regarding candidates.

Action Point JP – To produce the election format for the fans representative onto the RRFC board.

AOCB

JP reminded the board that the Supporters Direct Conference is on 7 June 2008 and will be held in the University Of Stirling’s Management Centre. Main theme – Ownership.

TC suggested the Trust would benefit from some PR in the local papers such as the Fife Free Press, Action Point TC to contact the FFP sports editor.

JP suggested an Away Day, which will be itemised in the next agenda.

With no other business to attend to, the meeting closed at 21:10.

Date of next meeting

The next meeting is provisionally scheduled for Monday, 28 April 2008.

The meeting will be held in the Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy unless otherwise advised.

Leave a Reply