Venue: Raith Suite, Starks Park, Kirkcaldy
Board Members Present: George Howie, James Proctor , Tom Phillips, Collas Pilmer, Neil Langtree, John Mainland, Alan Russell
Apologies (Board Members): Chris McFarlane
Members Present: 13
George Howie (GH) introduced the top table and recapped the events of the past year:
- 30/12/05 – takeover
- Reclaim the Rovers (now the Raith Forum, chaired by Ali More with members of the ‘supporters groups’
- A Community Group director David Somerville appointed to RRFC
- Proposed a high level structure for RRISS being led by Alan Russell
The minutes of the previous AGM were agreed as a fair record of the meeting.
Auditor’s Report and Election
Accounts presented and passed unanimously. Appointment of auditors Mackenzie & Co for the next term was unanimously passed.
A vote of thanks was passed to Chris McFarlane and Collas Pilmer who have given sterling service to the Trust Board and who are now standing down but remaining as ordinary members.
A membership secretary and a webmaster for the online site is actively required.
No uptakes from the members present were taken and no nominations were received for appointment to the Trust Board.
Election of the Fan’s Representative to RRFC – it was proposed that:
- Minimum period of 2 years plus the ability to stand again
- Nominee must be a member of one of the supporters’ groups
- Must have backing of at least 5 other members in or across the other organisations
- Statement of 500-700 words indicating why they should be appointed as the Fans’ rep
- Mass mailing with postal ballot
- 1st past the post
- Must be a ‘fit and proper’ person
Costs for such expected to be £600 (every 2 years).
RRFC Board member Ali More along with George Howie and James Proctor gave an informative Q&A session lasting about 45 minutes. The AGM closed at 21:30.
Date of next AGM : June/July 2006 – Actual date, time and venue to be confirmed depending on the availability of the 2005/06 accounts.