Trust Board Meeting, 6th July 2009Print This Post

Venue: Novar Bar, Kirkcaldy

Present: Blair White (BW), Tam Cunningham (TC), James Proctor (JP), Steven Lawther (SL), Alan Russell (AR) & John Mainland (JM)
Apologies: Graeme Condie (GC) & Tom Philips (TP)

The Chairman welcomed everyone and opened the meeting.

Minutes of the Previous Board Meeting

Minutes of the meeting on 18th May 2009 were agreed.

Matters Arising

Action Point: JP – Write a summary of the previous AGM – Completed.

Action Point: TC – Fan John Garrie (JG) from New Zealand has contacted the artist and he will start two more paintings of players. JG will also plan another fund raising venture and update us with progress as and when. – Ongoing

Action Point: GC – Check the mail, minutes of the AGM, proposed annual returns and rule changes. – Ongoing

Treasurers Report

GC provided a detailed report regarding the Trust accounts in preparation for the next AGM. The next set of accounts will include a business review, with statements by the chairman, membership secretary, treasurer and secretary. GC also recommended that the accounts be published to the website.

Membership Update

BW provided the following updates: Membership stands at 199. Produced a membership mailshot regarding membership renewals and how to pay, update member details and to encourage feedback, comments and how they may volunteer their services. To be sent out W/C 13 July.

Fans Group Fundraising

Walk to East End Park, 29 August: Volunteers required, JM provided a plan of action.

Beer Festival, proposed for 26 September: AR provided an update – the licence should be a formality, Harbour Bar assisting & selecting the ales, volunteers required, security required and sponsorship for each barrel of beer required.

AGM Reports

Poorly attended, with the usual fans providing a knowledgeable discussion. JP reported the AGM was per functionary and was basically very good.

Trust Away Day

To be held on Sunday, 26 July noon to 3 or 4pm probably in the Boathouse, Aberdour venue if AR has permission. Topics required for the agenda and will include:

  • Trust Budget for the year ahead
  • First home game of the season – membership drive, leafleting, press, website
  • Setting Trust priorities for the season
  • Fundraising – target, calendar, activities
  • Long-term strategy for the Trust re Starks Park, the club, etc.
  • Newsletter updates

AOCB

JM mentioned the Trust sponsoring a player for the season ahead and Darren Smith was selected. Action Point: JM to contact the club re-sponsoring DS and renewing the Trust trackside ad at the stadium.

JP mentioned it would be worth looking at Livvy Trust website to see their vision in running the club.

BW to look at the In Touch data base software and comment.

JP reported we should be looking into and commenting on the Review of Scottish Football.

Date of next meetings

26 July 2009 – board away day
10 August 2009 – teleconference
31 August 2009 – board meeting

Leave a Reply