Annual General Meeting, 27th November 2008
Venue: Raith Suite, Starks Park, Kirkcaldy
Minutes of previous AGM were agreed
Alan Russell, Chair of the Trust, gave an overview of the year’s activity:
- Accounts had been delayed due to the time to organise the audit. This would be resolved by the rule changes before the members.
- The AGM to pass the 07/08 accounts was scheduled for May 2009.
- Tom Phillips had been elected to serve as the supporters’ representative on the various boards of Raith Rovers FC and holding companies.
- Meetings had been held to allow fans to learn more about the ownership structure.
- A commitment had been made to the club to raise funds which would be earmarked for the Youth Development Initiative.
- Accounts for the 06/07 year were discussed.
- Accounts were agreed.
- Current membership was around 200 in total.
- It was proposed that membership would run to coincide with the football season in order to make better use of time and resources available.
- This will start from the 2009/10 season.
- Motion to reduce the amount of elected board members was passed.
- Motion to allow choice of Independent Examination was passed.
- Motion to have an Independent Examination for 07/08 was passed.
Election of Trust Board
- No further nominations to the board were received.
- A wide ranging discussion of the relationship between Stark’s Park Properties and the Football Club took place.
- This included a discussion of the press story in the Fife Free Press as well as the short and longer term responses of the Raith Trust.
Meeting Closed at 9.13pm